Thursday 22 April 2010

QRP To The Field (QRPTTF) 2010 This Saturday

The Ottawa Valley QRP Society takes to the field this Saturday April 24th. The Ottawa location will be at Hampton Park, near the Island Park exit westbound from the Queensway. Start time is 11am EST and it’s a CW QRP (5 watts or less) only exercise. I’ll be joining them in some capacity. I have my FT-817 station almost ready to go with just wiring up a pix_ab9ca_dave_6[1]CW key left to do. I also have to cut a 40 meter radial for my Buddistick. I have the Buddistick tuned for 20 and 40 meters. I take along my MFJ antenna analyzer just to be sure all is good for the final section on my FT-817. Power will be from an 18AH gel cell and a spare full size 12v deep cycle wet cell battery. I haven’t operated the 817 on cw and don’t have any filters installed yet. Still a few things to get ready but it should be an interesting day. For suggested operating frequencies see the QRP To The Field web site.
 
QRP To The Field (QRPTTF) site

About Hampton Park, Ottawa

1 comment:

Martin (VA3SIE) said...

Fantastic news, Bob!

I plan to cycle over and be on the air by 10am.

It's going to be a blast!