Wednesday 3 September 2008

OARC, MARG, Summer 2008

Well it certainly has been awhile since my last post. I have no excuse. Amateur radio is now more important than ever to me since my cochlear implant in October of 2006. I've acquired some new HF gear but still lean heavily to the digital modes. SSB is still very difficult to understand. Some have good audio, and some, really bad audio, along with poor diction techniques over HF SSB and other bands and modes.



Last Saturday the Ottawa Amateur Radio Club hosted its latest flea market at the Carp Fair grounds in Carp Ontario. Hundreds of area hams and many from outside the region helped make the flea market a huge success for the OARC.




The Manotick Amateur Radio Group attended in full force and had a table full of gear for sale or trade. Mike, VA3MPM presided over a good chunk of the treasures at this table as well as Darrell VA3RDC, Brian VA3DXV, and Norm VE3NLH.

No comments: